12.24.2010

Alive

Over 2000 years ago, Jesus came alive during this season. This whole Santa’s Winter Wonderland can confuse us, it can distract us, but the true reason of the season is that it is Jesus’ birthday. Alive, Born, Here.
How easily I processed through the holiday this year. Bought the gifts had them delivered,the kids loved it, had a great time; as I was going to bed last night I just had this calling out to the one that really needs to be celebrated.
I have been so busy lately, taking care of FRG stuff, finishing up a semester at school. I have let my extra curricular activities become the main things. As I look forward to the next year I am reminding myself that Jesus is alive and this Christmas stuff is all a reminder of that. Even when it’s cold, even with the bad weather and the crabby people at the commissary. I am only alive because of Christmas; without Christmas there would be no point in even being here. We would be so entrenched in our sin, without hope that there would be nothing to celebrate.
I am chasing head first to my King, my Redeemer, my Healer. I can not live by appearances, there is no grace in fake it until you make it. There is only grace in vulnerability, in the arms of my Creator.There is no one that I need to impress, no one that can prevent me from my destiny. I am His and He is mine. The greatest Christmas gift of all time.
Merry Christmas from my heart to yours. Celebrate ALIVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment