10.19.2008

What God has said to me today...

It is not its practical activities that are the strength of this Bible Training College, its whole strength lies in the fact that here you are put into soak before God. You have no idea of where God is going to engineer your circumstances, no knowledge of what strain is going to be put on you either at home or abroad, and if you waste your time in over-active energies instead of getting into soak on the great fundamental truths of God's Redemption, you will snap when the strain comes; but if this time of soaking before God is being spent in getting rooted and grounded in God on the unpractical line, you will remain true to Him what ever happens. ~ Oswald Chambers

“Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.”- Psalm 37:4

He is reminding me that only He has the power to allow me the quietness that I find this morning. The house is quiet except for the tapping of my keys and the dog whining watching the squirrels gather the black walnuts out of my yard.

I have family in town. That really doesn't know me anymore. The last 5 years have changed me...I have more confidence, I have more faith...I am grounded in a way that I am sure that they may sense but can not recognize. I am thankful to the Lord that he delivered me from that "normal" and has allowed me to sit with Him in these mountains and truly be fed by Him.

I am overtaken with gratitude. That even as I have been around this tree before this time He is with me. This time I chose to hold his hand instead of running. The goodness of God is that He has allowed me to just soak. I don't have to go somewhere just because it will make someone else feel better about where I am. I have my relationship with Him personally where I can talk to Him and I hear his voice...loving, guiding, protecting. As I soak in Him and "do nothing" He is taking care of it. Right down the list, I can put check marks. Things that I was dreading facing...He has taken care of it in only ways that He can.

So often we ask what talents can we lay before the Lord. "If I get this right, if I learn this lesson God can use me." "If you do well with the responsibility God will give you the authority." There seems to be a system of steps to take in order to be qualified to serve God. It's something we strive for. We foresake our God given responsibilities to chase other things that we find more worthy of our time and energy. If I write a book with the greatest revelation of all time, but my husband is dying in sin, or my children are starved for their mother then I have been futile in my ministry.

It is my heart to hear God's voice, the Holy Spirit's guidence every day. "Lord, what do you have for me today", is going to become my heart cry every day.

Father, I repent for chasing after something that only you can give me. Lord, if all I ever get from you is a soaking relationship then there is nothing more I would ever desire. I long to hear you and to feel your presence on me. I know that you are here and that you are showing me the things that I have set as boundaries between You and I. Lord, I thank you for knocking down those walls. I give you permission to meddle in my life. I give you permission to work on anything and everything that seperates me from your fullness for me. Lord, align my step with yours. Lord, align my family...our hearts, our intentions, over love for one another. I love you Father, I love you. I am grateful for the Son and I thank the Holy Spirit that comes for comfort and guidance. Blessings to all of you. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment