12.19.2008

Hey, Did you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world?






There is something about her little angelic face that just makes my heart warm. Last night was the first time she has shown wear for this impending move. This little ballerina, with the beautiful face, sat here on the couch and teared up when she talked about leaving behind her friends. She can be tempted with new dogs, and the possibility of one day having a horse, but there is no way to prepare a little girl to turn her life upside down. Even as her mother, I am stumped for the great words of comfort. I just pulled her onto my lap, and loved on her.

Then I did what any good mother would do. I sent her to Nanna's.Where the rule is, there are no rules. Where peanut butter spoons justify a meal as long as accompanied by chocolate milk. Where Swiss Family Robinson is a movie favorite and where Nanna's lap can ease the heartache of a 9 year old little girl. Where shopping is mandatory and naps are relished.




Look at the smile.  That's what I love to see on my little girl's face.  I know that I can't solve all of her problems, and I can't keep her from every hurt... I can't, because in God's divine wisdom He knew that if I could I would.  Then, she wouldn't need a Savior.  Believe me I take my charge as a mother quite seriously (most of the time), I try to prevent as much hurt and pain as I can.  I send her to Nanna's for spoiling on bad days.  However, some of this is her own testimony, it's her own chance to reach out for The Comforter.  

She knows how to find Him...


And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. ~Mark 10:16

I praise you for her Lord.  I am humbled in her presense as she seeks you so diligently time and time again.  Father, put your hand upon her and bless her.  Comforter hear the cries of her mother and wrap her in your wings.  Thank you in Jesus Name.  



No comments:

Post a Comment