12.17.2008

We are in the memory making business...

As mothers, that is one of our primary responsibilities and whether we do it really well or really wrong, one thing is for sure, memories will be made.  It is my hope to have substantially more good memories than bad deposited into my children.  I believe that is one of the greatest gifts we are getting with the move, the farm.  I am amazed at God's provision for us as a family, for what it takes for him to orchestrate our destiny's.  

If someone had ever told me that I would be a homeschool mother - I would have laughed.  Now it is as much a part of me as my brown eyes and my large feet.  I love knowing that my kids are with me.  I love the way they argue, the way they laugh and the way that they fill a room. Homeschooling as afforded us such a unity that I find so precious.  



Today we had some friends over to make some Christmas cookies.  This is a picture of my two boys actually working together for a common goal... I know, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.  I broke out the camera just for proof when they are adults.




This is what happens when you get 9 kids in a room from ages 4 to 13, add cookie dough, sprinkles and just listen because the noises that come are the most beautiful.  The laughter, oh the laughter.  The older girls & Alex even cleaned up without being asked... I am telling you if I could bottle this I would be a millionaire.




They paid me to put up this picture. It was all completely staged.  I am just kidding, they really did clean up the kitchen.  They even handwashed the dishes in lieu of loading the dishwasher.  All of the sugar, the smell of baking cookies just brings out the best in kids.  Note to self... invite these kids over when we move to the farm and no longer have a dishwasher.

Being in the memory making business isn't easy.  Thank goodness for good friends to share the couch with  you.  There is already talk of carpooling to our new place, bringing these town kids to the farm and letting them do some planting of their own.  It's hard to let go and to move on when you have great things right where you are.  God is calling us though, to move, to do whatever he is laying on us.  It would be so easy to stay...to spend everyday like today.  The thing about memories is no matter where we go we take them with us.  


Unlike our friends, because well frankly... I just think it would be wierd.  Imagine having to travel in caravans like they did in the Old Testament? Can you even imagine what it would be like to walk near the "Red Tent".  I love you ladies, I thank you for putting up with my antics...but know that the blonde, the redhead and the brunette will forever be a joke just waiting to happen.  But just to settle the matter once and for all just exactly who is the coolest of all watch this clip ... 






God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.



Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6






1 comment:

  1. How the HECK did you do that??? That is awesome! I want my own Disney Day! And that don't prove nothin...who got the hat made for 'em, I ask you? Good picture...but my roots were showing. ;)

    ReplyDelete