12.29.2008

Things that make you go.... hmmmmm

So I spent some time today researching goats.  Ok that sentence in and of itself cracks me up... good grief.  I don't know if anyone out there knows anything about goats and if you do please know that I openly admit I don't know anything about goats.  Three Billy Goats Gruff is a story I remember from first grade, I have seen goats, while driving down the road but couldn't tell you the difference between a milking goat and a meat goat.  Goats are goats?  Right?  However I do plan on having goats this spring.  

I have been thinking a lot about livestock.  Here is my goal... enough goats to keep my milk guzzling kids content, chickens... lots of chickens.  You can't be a chicken herder with only a small flock.  I want lots of them.  We started talking about pigs and hogs.  If we ever got one for a pet I would name him Wilbur.  Charlotte's Web is the total extent of my farming experience.  Of course I would  name him Wilbur.  The ones that we raised for the sole purpose of making italian sausage out of ( italian sausage & bratwurst are my favorite foods hands down) those guys would have names like; Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Bacon, Sausage, and Frank... as in Frankfurter.  

Zoe is at the vet overnight tonight.  We had to have her "fixed".  She was broken all week.  We are learning about "season" and "heat" it's been fun.  So much fun that we decided that we would teach our children the miracle of birth out at the farm and not in our living room.  So say a little prayer for Zoe tonight, we are missing her.  We also learned why she was having issues pooing outside.  Apparently her previous owner kept her in concrete kennels with her K9's.  She said that Zoe may have never actually been on grass before.  Wow, that would have been good information to know.  But it's going to be wierd tonight sleeping without her next to me and her head on my butt.  She is the ONLY dog we have ever allowed to sleep with us.  She is rotten and we have only had her a week.  I am not sure how her or Valley are going to be farm dogs.  Right now Valley is curled up next to her Daddy on the couch.  

So we are spending and exciting Monday night wrapping up 2008.  Ande is working on business books and shutting down the year, Alex is in TN at an Xtreme Youth conference, Adam & Julia are playing the Wii and me well... I am just thinking that in just a couple of days 2009 will be here and my whole life is going to look different.  My eye is still twitching from the stress of the weekend... I am really thinking I need to just call it a night.  But first I want to read about rabbits.

Lord, your sense of humor is overwhelming.  Of all the woman to pick for this new life... you just love me enough to stretch me again and again.  Thank you Father.  My heart is filled with love just for you.  Always here, always protected and going ahead.  Your faithfullness leaves me in awe.  Thank you for your healing touch.  Thank you for being my defender so that I don't have to defend myself any longer.  Bless you Father, Savior & Comforter.






No comments:

Post a Comment