5.21.2010

Prayers for my Girls...

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about my friends and everything that they have going on in their lives right now. Women face so many challenges in their every day lives. I was overwhelmed and humbled to think of the prayers that God allows me to give Him for these beautiful women in my life. There is no greater gift that I can give them but to join my voice and heart with theirs bringing their desires and cares before our Father. If you have a moment will you join me in these prayers today:

A widow mourning the one year anniversary of her soldier.
A mother of three who got diagnosed this week of breast cancer with bone metastases.
A friend who is heartbroken by infertility.
A friend who is in the adoption process that arms ache for that new child.
A friend that just adopted a beautiful baby from Africa.
Multiple friends with marriage issues & financial matters.
A friend whose husband is in recovery from yet another surgery after being hit with an IED.
A friend that is being funneled into a new life and seeking real answers.
A large group of people engaging in a spiritual intensive this weekend.
A friend whose husband is deploying next month.
A neighbor who has 3 young children and lives with a high anxiety level daily.
A woman trying to reengage into the world after a lifetime of hurts.
For a mother that mourns her sons move so far away that it keeps her from him and her grandchildren.
For a daughter that is just trying to be obedient to the promptings of her Father despite health and family concerns.
A group of women heading on a mission trip in July.
A women in ministry that is still hurting from Daddy issues.
A friend & her daughter that recently came through a divorce.
A woman who is going to add baby number three to her clan this week.
A young woman that has to move across country and doesn't want to say goodbye to her friends.
A friend who has a custody hearing for her babies today.

I really feel God changing my own heart this morning. So often I walk by women in my daily routine that are really facing big issues. I honestly believe that right now people have subscriptions more than they have issues. It is my prayer that God would soften my heart to intercede for these people daily. I know that when I was going through my crisis there was no sweeter words to my ears than "I am praying for you". There were literally times that I couldn't pray for myself and knowing that God was still hearing my name out of the mouths of my friends was a great encouragement to me.

Take the time today to make your own list. I was flabbergasted by the intensity of the challenges my friends are facing. Real people with real hurts, real situations, real struggles. It is my prayer that God will give me the ability not to stop and smell the roses, but to stop and pray for the women who cross my path. We need each other, we can't isolate ourselves. I used to sell Mary Kay and the one thing that has stuck with me all of these years was, "Sometimes you need the meeting, sometimes the meeting needs you". I think that is true in life. There are times that we need our friends, that we need encouragement, that we need fed, coddled, edified. There are times that we need to do all of those things for those around us.

To all my friends, I am blessed by you all. Everyone of you. I am praying for you all today. My sisters, my friends, the promise of the Lord is that "Love always wins"!!

Be blessed and be a blessing!!

PhotobucketShare

No comments:

Post a Comment