1.14.2008

Saying Yes

Romans 12:1-2, "And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

Taking our thoughts captive isn't enough, knowing God's will isn't enough. Lord, it seems overwhelming to get that far in the process. However, it is still not complete. The completeness would be to see God's will working and being fulfilled in our lives. So what is the next step. What is the next thing that we need to do in the process to keep moving forward. We have the revelation but what do we do with it.

2 Corinthians 2:10, "For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory."

Amen. This Hebrew word means firm, and hence also faithful . It is frequently used by our Savior to give emphasis to his words, where it is translated "verily." Sometimes, only, however, in John's Gospel, it is repeated, "Verily, verily." It is found singly and sometimes doubly at the end of prayers , to confirm the words and invoke the fulfillment of them. It is used in token of being bound by an oath . In the primitive churches it was common for the general audience to say "Amen" at the close of the prayer. The promises of God are Amen; i.e., they are all true and sure (2 Cor. 1:20).

My favorite instance of this in the Bible is Mary in Luke. The Angel comes to her and says "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." The Angel tells Mary of God's plan for her life. Have you ever noticed how she responded.

Luke 1:38, "Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.

Mary looked at the Angel of God and said Amen. She said a resounding Yes that changed the earth and man's destiny for eternity. She asked one question for clarification, then said you know God is good and I trust His will. Here I am Lord, send me. Yes.

What is God saying to you that you think you aren't ready for? What has he planted as a desire and a revelation in your life that you are even afraid to share with your spouse? What is that desire that is so deep in there, that you know would change your life forever and forever change your destiny. How are you limiting God by not saying Yes? Your health, your sin, your issues? Don't you realize that this is what he wants for us. That those scary desires are the ones planted by Him because we could never come up with anything so out of the box by ourselves.

So here is mine, I am going to share it. I want to go to Africa. I have watched Oprah and seen the children on the boats, the little boys younger than my own sons. I have talked to a friend from South Africa that has stories to make your toes curl. There are children, small children starting at ages 4-5 being sold into slavery and being taught to be killers. There are witch doctors that tell men infected with AIDS that if they have sex with virgins it will cure them. They are having sex with babies. Four out of every five women in Africa have been raped. Here is a link sent to me by a friend on the matter. Video For years I have said we have orphanages here, we need to take care of our own children here in America and I still believe that, but there are children all over the world that need our help.

Lord, I thank you for your passions that you plant within us. Lord this morning I say yes to the way out of the box things that you have planted within me. Lord the things that I know didn't come from me because they are beyond my reasoning. Lord I come to you and say AMEN. Let it be done. Let your glory fall here in my life and in the world because you hear a resounding yes from your children. Father I love you and I give you all that I have, all of me, everything that you have given me I give back to you. In Jesus name I pray. VERILY VERILY AMEN and AMEN.

1 comment:

  1. Did you watch 60 minutes last night? Click on 60 minutes and then war against women in Congo:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?source=nav_video

    ReplyDelete