1.28.2008

Worthy...Holy...

God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”- John 4:24

"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations." - Psalm 100

WOW!! That's all I really have to offer this morning. I feel like a puddle in the presence of the living God. We had a special church service last night and I don't know if there are words to explain the presence, to explain the freedom, to explain what happened to the dynamics of all of those families that were there.

Forty some men rushed our platform during worship and danced with all their might. They shouted the name of Jesus. They proclaimed to their wives and to their families that they were different men and that they were going to be what God had called them to be. Some called their wives by name with the microphone in their hand. Even now my eyes swell. Even now, I have never experienced the fullness of God like this before. Ever. There was reconciliation. There was a real unity in the families, and that in and of itself was beyond words, but there was a unity in the church house. There was such a spirit of love, of everyone around us. There were men standing with their arms around their wives with their children gathered around them, worshiping. Arms in the air, singing out. I don't have anything to compare it to, in all of my years of church attendance there is no frame of reference for this.

My husband was one of those forty men. MY husband, MY military straight-laced, ain't never raised his arms, it's not my thing husband. He danced. His arms were raised above his head. I can't ever talk about it. This is the beginning of the fulfillment of God's promises to me. Last night... the work he has done in my husband, there is no doubt in my mind that he will fulfill every promise he has ever made to me. God got a hold of my husband. In a very real way. I can't explain...I don't have the ability. I can't explain watching my husband and my oldest son worship side by side, leaping, arms up...worshiping. It breaks something so deep, it stirs up something that I didn't know existed.

"You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you." -Nehemiah 9:6

Father, I can not even comprehend the changes that have happened. I don't have the foresight to see how this is going to impact my life from here on. I just come to you this morning as your daughter, married to your son. I am the mother of your children, my sons, my daughter...to you they all belong. Father, this moment in time...the fullness I feel. The overwhelming sense of your love from me. Lord, I know this sounds so weird, but I know that you love me, because you have heard my crying prayers for them. For him Father. There are just no words. Today I just sit at your feet and cry for joy. I worship, I sing your praises, I have seen the wonders of your love...I am humbled by your presence and your love for me. Lord, knit this in us, knit this in our church, knit this in our community, let it be tattooed on us in a way that others can see. Let our freedom in you, our love for you, let it overflow on everyone that sees us. You are God, and you are good. Who is King? MY KING! All blessings and honor to you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. We had an awesome time in the presence of God and I share your joy. God is able! This is a year of new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete