1.31.2008

Bless the Rest

"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done." Genesis 2:2-3

Psalm 116:7, "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you."

In 24 hours I will be in the truck with my husband and we will be traveling down state to a cozy coastal town for some R&R. I am exhausted, tired and he is even more so. The first 31 days of 2008 have been a little on the exciting side around here. You all have been privy to some of it. We were talking this morning about just going down and praying through some things and some decisions that we both feel are weighing on us. We need some breakthrough in some areas and I just have it in my heart that this is the beginning of that.

I just want to remind all of my Martha's that God blesses rest. That your inbox will always be full, there will always be laundry, dishes and floors that need mopped. There will always be the one more thing you need to do before you seek God and before you take time for yourself. Set it all down. Find God, find your peace, find the blessing that he has waiting for you if you will just slow down long enough to receive it.

Isaiah 30:18, "So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion."

How long are you going to let him wait for you? What is more important? What could possibly more important that the blessings, the love and the compassion that He is waiting to give you? I envision him sitting at a romantic table in an upscale restaurant...sitting alone in the candle light anticipating me showing up and I am at home scrubbing my toilet.


"I sleep, but my heart is awake;
It is the voice of my beloved!
He knocks, saying,
“Open for me, my sister, my love,
My dove, my perfect one;
For my head is covered with dew,
My locks with the drops of the night.”

My beloved put his hand
By the latch of the door,
And my heart yearned for him. "
~Song of Solomon 5:2&4

He cries out to us as we slumber with our responsibilities. He waits by the door for our hear to yearn for him. Set it down my sister, my friend and meet the lover of your soul. You will be forever changed.

Lord, thank you for your rest, that you taught us to rest even as you rested. Father, I just pray rest for everyone of my friends as we have all seen so much in the past 31 days of this anointed year. Father, I thank you for them. Lord, this morning I lay anything that distracts me from you at the foot of the cross. There is nothing that I long for more than You. I love you and I will not make you wait for me any longer, I am ready, I am dressed and I want to sit across from you and here you say my name, Beloved. Bless you Father, Son, and Lover of my Soul, in Jesus name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I'm not taking time away any time soon so I'm taking time away each day, even if just a little bit. I'm learning my lesson sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're having a wonderful time and you're actually relaxing if you remember how!

    ReplyDelete