5.06.2008

Humble Thyself

“if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”- 2 Chronicles 7:14

Sometimes turning from your wicked ways can be quite humbling. The Lord has been working on my husband and I to truly get out of a financial state of bondage. Through our healings and our own personal deliverances the Lord has made it abundantly clear that it is time to clear out the clutter and to SIMPLIFY. I have been hearing the word simplify for a while now. What exactly does that look like for us…well it will be quite humbling. Really in all reality it will probably be one of the largest acts of “humble thyself” that I have ever experienced.

Exodus 10:3 So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said to him, "This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: 'How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me? Let my people go, so that they may worship me.

Over the last few weeks the Lord has really been speaking to my husband and I about where we are right now. He told my husband that we are free but that it’s time to get on the road to the promise land. We have lived in Egypt for a long time. We have to stay in the wilderness long enough for all of the Egypt to die in us. We are walking that out right now. If you ever want to freak people out tell them that you are selling everything that isn’t practical or heirloom, and moving out of your house into a single wide trailer. Our parents freaked out, my spiritual momma asked a few questions that led to me to believe that she wanted to make sure this was a move of God on us. What we can see though is different than what everyone else can see.

We are building a log home 25 miles into the country. Right now that represents the Promise Land in our lives. Not that it is our promised land but it represents it in my eyes. Here in this house we have been comfortable living for ourselves being slaves to strife, slaves to build our own castles in the sand. God found us in this house, which to me just proves that God is too cool because this house previously was a parsonage. He already lived here when we moved in. God has met us right here and said…I love you, he has begun the clean up process and now it’s up to us to take the steps to get to the Promised Land. So we are free from Egypt, we can feel the freedom. However, there are still some things that tie us to where we come from and that is what has to go as well. It’s just stuff - a ton of stuff that we have held onto to define ourselves as successful. The Lord is telling us minute by minute how he defines us now. The cool thing is that it has nothing to do with our stuff.

Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Lord, I walk into this season with my faith in you. I love how you work everything in building blocks…how everything is a process with you. Lord, if I would have had to do this with my shame still living in me I would never have made it. Lord, this seems to be such a natural decision, like such a peaceful sweet time of walking along with you. I love you, I worship you, and I thank you for the work that you are doing in my family. Oh how sweet your presence is, Lord, I thank you for the revival…for the revival that you have started in my home. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment