5.28.2008

Outrageous Love...

Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Psalm 85:10

Monday was my precious little girls birthday, she turned nine. After the hustle and bustle of the day, the barage of kids and company, parades and barbeque I found myself laying with her on her new trampoline in the yard looking up at the sky. These are the moments that I find precious...when I can still be her superhero and that there is no one around but her an I. She shares so much in those moments...her thoughts of the events of the day. Her hurts, her fears, her likes and dislikes. She scooched close to me and just laid her head on me as we laid there and looked up at the sky. In the craziness of the day, I hadn't spent much time with her, she was entertaining her friends and I was busy making preparations for her and her guests. I covet those moments when she seeks me and asks to spend time with me. When the world slows down long enough for us to watch the clouds go by.

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:5

The thought came to me, God waits for me in much the same way. Always watching, laughing when he sees me laugh, coming in close to hear my voice, but not interupting. I don't always take the time to spend with Him yet he is always here making preparations for me. Orchastrating what is going on around me...lovingly keeping an eye and an ear on me...despite how many are here.

Lord, I thank for you being here with me. Even as I am busy, and not engaging with you, I know that you are here, providing for me, loving me and taking care of me. Your outrageous omnipresent love...there are just no words. Bless you Father, I love you...and I look forward to laying my head on your and watching the clouds...TODAY. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment