6.16.2009

Paul...thank you Paul, for coffee.

Sometimes when I am really needing encouragement I turn to my friend Paul. Paul is good to teach and to bring to my rememberance my purpose and my destiny. He and I have been enjoying sometime together over coffee this morning. I have missed my friend Paul, and need to remember to invite he and his Father over more often.

I have spents some time in Ephesis, and Corinth this morning and realizing that so many generations have battled the same battles. So many others have fought a good fight. The other night, as I was laying in bed, the thought comes, "You are a bondservant to Christ, he is not your servant to come only when you call Him." I think I have had this a little out of proper perspective. Yes, I have struggled to find a place to belong in the Body of Christ. But Paul was so awesome to remind me this morning that I am still a part of the body. I can still serve through teaching, through administration... here in my own home. I can minister love to those who need it the most. I don't want to be a ministry, I don't want to have a ministry, I want to minister love. I am not always successful.

Lately, I have succumbed to feelings that aren't God like. I have teetered on the edge of morality. I have been defiled by words I have allowed to come into my ears and have defiled others by the words coming out of my own mouth. My mouth, my words are my gift. Always have been.

Ephesians 4:29-32 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

I haven't been reflecting that. Not even close.

I need a good day, with my iPod in my ears filling me with worship music. Watering my soul. Reminding me of the sacrifice of Christ, and grace for me. I need a day with my kids, just splashing in the pool, without the demands of life. I need a good cry, and some tearing out of some roots. I need to quit being the martyr and just live a life worthy of my calling. I love my life, I am not overwhelmed, I am not tired, I am blessed. Abundantly, exponentially... to the ends of the earth... Blessed.



Thank you Lord, for sending Paul to me this morning. Father, for the rememberance that the Old Testament led to the New Covenant... and that You will fulfill the purpose. I love you Lord.

1 comment:

  1. We all fall short but we just have to keep trying. God's grace IS sufficient. Waking us up to the battle is one of the biggest steps in His "remodeling" us. Just stay in the Word and let God grow You in His Word, that's what we ALL need to do :)

    ReplyDelete