2.25.2010

He will stop at nothing...

The more I look around, the more I see that God will stop at nothing to get us back to Himself.  These past couple of years I have watched as time and time again God allows circumstances into our lives to get us back to Himself.  He brings our greatest fears to us, then He asks us to trust Him.

Is there loss along the way?  Sometimes.  Is there a real need for our dependence on Him? Every time.

I love the fact that whenever God enters someone's life, when He begins a conversation with them His usual address is "Fear not" or "Do not be afraid", depending on your translation.  He is about to turn your world upside down, and He is saying, "I've got this".  "Trust me".  "Hear me".

Personally, my greatest fear was people getting to know me.  I kept everyone at a distance.  I didn't want to talk about my past.  I lived in shame and anxiety that all of the skeletons in my closet would keep me from attaining my destiny.  I have learned that God controls my destiny and all of those skeletons, He knows about anyway because all along the way He was holding me hand.  He is pressing me not to shove them back into the closet, but to examine them, to teach others through them.  He wants me to talk about them.  He wants me to reassure someone else that every time I shoved one in there, He was holding my hand knowing that one day I would be mature enough to pull it back out and then He would be standing there with me as I cried and allowed His healing to come for every bone, every fracture.

There are other fears, loss of a spouse, our children, our businesses, our parents... Deep seeded life long fears that we may never have even been aware of until God himself presents a circumstance where we have to face it head on.  He brings us to our knees and then says, "Fear not".  He wants to know that we love Him despite our fears, despite our circumstances.  Sometimes like with Job He brings them all at once, then sometimes He brings them one at a time.  Only He knows what we can handle and what layers He is ready to deliver us from.

What I know to be true, no matter what it looks like when you go through it, when you look back, you were never alone.  Just like the fourth guy in the fiery furnace Jesus stood there, even before you knew Him fully.

In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:11-12

So fear not my friends.  God is still in control.  He is still good, and He is still teaching.  He is still loving us, even when we can't see it or feel it.  Our hope is in Him.  Our only hope comes from Him.

Be blessed then be a blessing.

Share

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this beautiful reminder that He is still in control of things!! :)

    ReplyDelete