2.22.2010

Where is Daddy?

When I woke up this morning, the first thought that came to me was that my boys are in a phase of their life that they need their father the most. What an odd time for him to be gone. Though in the last 5 months we have seen him off and on, there isn't a man in the house everyday for the boys. Yesterday I noticed out Pastor patting Julia on the head and in that moment I realized that my kids have no male role model in the house right now and was reminded that as their mother it is my job to keep positive role models in their lives.

I have been amazed by the outpouring of love we have received at our little church here. All of the leaders are aware of our rather odd circumstances, even if we haven't been able to tithe more than our time, even if we aren't the same denomination as they are, even knowing that we were only here in transition and wouldn't become a permanent fixture they haven't been afraid to get their hands dirty and to love us. That is the love of God that we are supposed to find in the church. Our Pastor, the last time he saw Ande, committed to him to 'take care of your beautiful family'. He assured Ande that we were in good hands and that they would take care of us even while he isn't here. He committed to be our Pastor even if our names aren't on the roll.

I was reading the book of Ephesians with the kids this morning. Grace and love and faith by the body. What an awesome example of that God has personally given us.

Sometimes, God just shows up in ways that we can't help but say, "I know that God sent you". We are blessed, we are loved... We are not alone.

1 comment: