2.04.2008

I am Qualified!

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:10-12

Oh I love Paul. I love this man that God took from a persecutor and made him one of the greatest of all times. He is so real, so humble and so right on. I have struggled for as long as I can remember with my worth. Really, it all seems to go back to that place. Rejection, abandonment, disposable, not good enough, unworthy. Unqualified, disqualified, never enough, too broken, too damaged. Then there is another side of me that holds everyone to such high standards that they can't help but feel that way as well. I project my inadequacies upon others. My children, my husband, others.

I love this verse from Paul, "joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you". Knowing that God is the one who qualifies me, it is his choice, then who if anyone has the ability to disqualify me? Do I have the ability to disqualify myself...well I think that David disqualified himself from building the temple of God. As the same time what God had predestined for David's life did come. God established His kingdom in David even if David didn't get to build the building. David's purpose was fulfilled even if he didn't get to see it in his lifetime, so again I ask, is it possible to disqualify what God qualified?

I honestly don't think so. I believe that God looks upon us a guiltless , anointed, appointed and called. After what he experience with his Son, I don't think that he can see the sin that we carry. The condemnation is not from him. He loves us, he wants to teach us, he wants to grow us up, but he doesn't want to condemn us. Satan condemns us to keep us from crawling up on the lap of our Father and laying our heads on his chest the way that John did Jesus. Satan brings back the things that separate us from our Father, he wants to get us off in the dark and away from the comfort of the body of Christ to keep us from living in the fullness of what God has for us. He wants us to believe that we are disqualified, unworthy etc. In that way he can keep us from being effective. He can keep us in the corner licking our wounds instead of out there carrying God's sword being effective for the kingdom.

"That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day." 2 Timothy 1:12

Lord, I trust you. I trust that your word says that I am called, appointed, set aside. Lord, I no longer take some of it as truth but not all of it. Lord, thank you for teaching me how to apply this to my own life - how to take your word and integrate it into my heart. I thank you that no one can disqualify what you have called worthy. Thank you Lord, you are so good to me. You love me in such an extravagant way. I give it all to you again this morning. Praise you, all powerful, all mighty one. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

1 comment: