2.13.2008

Pioneers Do It - No Matter What!

"The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you." - Genesis 12:1

In order to be a pioneer, or a forerunner for Christ, then there are a few sacrifices that are required. You must leave everything that you have ever known behind. You have to be brave and courageous, you can't hold on to what could have been on what should have been, you just have to walk.

Mark 1:17-18, "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of me." At once the left their nets and followed him.

They set down everything that they knew to follow him. They didn't ask questions, they didn't know where they were going, they just went. Yeah, that's what a pioneer does. They knew something was coming and that they had to be apart of it. The didn't want to miss out and their passion and their belief outweighed their sense of responsibility. Pioneers have to have a spirit of adventure.

Pioneers often get mocked. Even as Jesus was mocked. Pioneers will be hated and envied.

1 John 3:13, "Do not be surprised my brothers, if the world hates you."

John 15:18-20, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."

Others will curse your anointing because theirs isn't the same. They will say and do things to hurt you on purpose, and can often be used as a pawn of Satan. Even Peter a great friend and follower of Christ was able to be used in that way.

Mark 8:33, " But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. "Get behind me, Satan!" he said. "You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

When you are a front runner, keep in mind that the arrows land in your back. Your rear guard can and will be the ones to try and take you out. Judas was part of Jesus' closest 12. He wasn't some guy who walked up to curse Him. He had lived with Jesus, they had spent hours together. Judas was chosen to be a disciple, just as the others were. Yet He was the one that handed him over.

Luke 22:3-6, "Then Satan entered Judas, called Iscariot, one of the Twelve. And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus. They were delighted and agreed to give him money. He consented, and watched for an opportunity to hand Jesus over to them when no crowd was present."

Sometimes the pioneers scenery doesn't change. Sometimes, while doing exactly what the Lord has called us to do we look out over the same sea of faces. We hear the same cryings, we listen to the same issues. Jesus didn't heal everyone, and neither can we. He didn't touch everyone, and neither can we.

Jesus was about His Father's business, he didn't get caught up in being politically correct, he didn't get caught up in doing what his followers wanted him to do. He didn't do it for them he did it for Him. That's what caused everyone to want to kill Jesus. He went against the grain, he ruffled some feathers, he called a sinner a sinner and he turned over tables. He wasn't limited to their understanding and He wasn't limited to their schedule, or their timing.

Jesus wasn't limited to his past. He didn't apologize for his calling, he didn't attempt to make it better for everyone else that this was the way that God created Him. He said "follow me" and they did. He didn't care if it was in their box or out of their box.

Listening to our Pastor this Sunday really freed me from a lot of stuff. I have worn myself out, trying to make my anointing okay for other people. I have tried to hide it, I have tried to live it quietly. I am all done doing all that "I" can do. People want to think that I am exhausted from the fight, and I am but not the one that they see. I don't want to only walk in the anointing on Sunday morning when people are prepared for it. I want to walk in it everyday. I don't want to have to switch hats to suit their feelings. It wears me out trying to remember who I have to be for everyone else. It dilutes me and it dilutes my character, it dilutes my integrity. God has called me for such a time as this, my past is over. I am moving forward. I can't wait for people to catch up, I can't carry anyone, I can't make it any better for anyone. Most of all I can't make my Father wait on me any longer.

John 2:5, "His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."

Even his mother knew that he was one to be obeyed.

"Through mighty outpourings of the Holy Spirit, intensive teaching, extensive testing and suffering, He will raise up a company of disciples worldwide that possess the grace, truth, compassion and power of the first-century church - and even more, for the glory of the latter house shall be greater than the former." - Greg Hinnant. I have only one thing to say about this quote - BRING IT!!!

Father, this morning I come to you and say you have a passion that burns so deep in me that I can't stand it. I can't contain it any longer - it burns me from the inside out. Father, teach me to be compassionate with it while still keeping it real. Father, let my heart not judge people but allow me to discern the spirits behind them. Even as you discerned with Peter and with Judas. Lord, let me love them enough and trust them enough to give them the truth. Lord, this is life or death, this isn't anything less than that. You created me to be a free radical for you. Lord, for months I have knows that there would be a jumping over the cliff into what you have for me. Lord, even as I am jumping, even as I don't know when or where I will land some are trying to hold me to where I have always been. Lord, I choose you. No matter what the price - friends, family, I lay all of that down, I lay my own life down and say unto death Lord, I will follow you. I can't do anything less anymore. I give you my children, my responsibilities, my husband. You are what I desire. Lord, guide my steps - cover me. I am running after you...even as a pioneer you are with me. Bless you Jesus, Bless you Father, Holy Spirit continue to call me forth. Continue to teach me, continue to prod me. I give you all the glory, all the honor, all authority rests in you King Jesus, you are my King. In Jesus' name. Amen.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. If this is offensive, then I'm out of the loop. What I see is the real Jen...Jennifer the Peter. Ever since I first met you, you've have been a Peter -- jumping into what ever God has for you with both feet, no waiting and wanting to take everyone else with you so that no one will miss out. Can that be offensive? Sure. It's pretty clear that the other disciples didn't always "get" Peter. And like Peter, sometimes feet end up in the mouth and sometimes even Jesus has to bring you on shore, cook you breakfast and say "Take a look, here I am".
    But never once, did he say, Peter, I wish you could be more like John.". You are a unique being, created in the image of God. When you try to take over and make Jennifer into the image of....whoever, then you are telling God he doesn't know what he's doing. And anyone who tries to make you be something you aren't is telling God the same thing. Both are areas I don't want to be in....
    So be the pioneer, the inspiration, the first (and only) one out of the boat. And when you mess up, just remember that toenails are a good source of calcium.

    ReplyDelete