3.04.2010

The Outsiders... "Wherever"

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”- Joshua 1:9

Do you know what word I love there?  One guess. Wherever.

Wherever you go God will be with you. What a great promise and one that my children and I have gotten to experience living out loud in our lives as we have been on this leg of our journey.  We have seen God's hand in our deliverance.  We have met him face to face at the kitchen table during devotion time and we have met him face to face in the new people that we have met along the way.  He is so good at giving us reminders of His love and His provision in a time that we have needed it the most.

My oldest son last night went to worship practice at our little local church here.  Here is his Facebook status from when he got home "Wow.... Words could not possibly desscribe how magnificent to nights worship practice was, and whoever said that worship "practice" was just for practice.... They lied,..... But feel special now as the sound board guy after what Jeff said to me :). Today... Was a great day". My son, is a tech head.  He loves to do the sound board and has been blessed to be able to do it wherever we have landed.  But last night this man Jeff, a visiting Pastor put it in a new perspective for him.  He told him that he was a worship leader because without him, there would be no sound.  Sounds so simple yet it hit him so profoundly.  As they were practicing Alex said that the atmosphere changed and they actually went into a time of worship themselves.  Keep in mind this young man of mine is just a mere two weeks from turning fifteen and although he has been through the wringer, missing his dad, starting all over with friends, last night he worshiped.  It just does a mom's heart good to know that along the way, wherever he goes, God and his extravagant love has found the heart of my boy.

My kids through this whole process have not lost faith in God.  We have some awesome conversations in the mornings as we read through the Bible one book at a time.  My daughter, yesterday said, "The words obedience and boundaries are every where in here", referring to the Bible.  We were reading in the book of Judges and she was amazed that the two words that I harp on are right there, God is always hurt by our disobedience but through his compassion for us, He always creates a wherever for us to get out of our best laid plans and follow Him.

We have realized that we outgrew where we came from.  The wisdom, the strength, the faith that has bloomed from our transplant has shown us that it was God's timing. I am writing again, the kids are seeking God again, we are allowing God to heal the wounds of our move.  My kids have very few memories of church other than where we left.  I spent years training them to grow on that post, and it has taken close to 18 months to teach them that new territory gives you more space and can blow the lid off of the restrictions that they felt before.   We have realized that there is a world outside of what they knew, we have learned that there are people out there, that have a need in their lives for an outrageous ragamuffin family like us.  We have been able to plant many seeds of salvation in people.  We have been blessed and we have blessed others. God is good, all the time.

The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.  I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." Genesis 12:1-3

So take your claws out of the door jam.  Allow God to take you on the adventure of a lifetime.



Be blessed and be a blessing.  Love always wins.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment