4.29.2008

Spoiled by His Extravagance

I bathed you with water and washed the blood from you and put ointments on you. I clothed you with an embroidered dress and put leather sandals on you. I dressed you in fine linen and covered you with costly garments. I adorned you with jewelry: I put bracelets on your arms and a necklace around your neck, and I put a ring on your nose, earrings on your ears and a beautiful crown on your head. So you were adorned with gold and silver; your clothes were of fine linen and costly fabric and embroidered cloth. Your food was fine flour, honey and olive oil. You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen. And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD. Ezekiel 16:9-14

One of the best days of my life since I moved here to North Carolina happened yesterday. We got a Starbucks!! Woot Woot! I can't even explain my joy! I can't contain myself with giddy to know that I can get a Venti Mocha without driving 45 minutes!!

Well the last couple of weekends my husband has been out of town, the Army and another Men's Encounter. Well yesterday morning we woke up to the sound of rain and he called his guys and told them he was going to call it a "wash" ....cracks me up. We still had to have my truck to the Dealer for a service appointment at 8 am so there was still no chance to go back to sleep. So we got up and got dressed, dropped my truck off and headed to guess where.....?? That's right Starbucks!!

Sitting there drinking my Venti White Mocha on a Monday morning at 7:45, God really opened my eyes to how spoiled I really am. My husband left me for a moment to go to the bathroom and as I sat there I watched the hustle and bustle of people working. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't "have" to have a job. God has blessed me to stay home and teach my children, not that I don't work, I do...I do the books for my husband and I always have a project...raising 3 kids is a full-time position. But God was just reminding me that he knows the desires of my heart in a very real, very practical way.

You see Sunday night I was being a spoiled brat. I didn't get something that I wanted and I was just bent sideways about it. Couldn't sleep - just mad...mad...mad. I came out to my kitchen and wrote letter to God about how I never get what I want. Reading through Psalms because David was the best whine writter in the Bible. Then I found this verse....

Answer me quickly, O LORD; my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
~Psalm 143:7-8

I stopped writing the letter of demands and laid my desire, my hurt and my rebelliousness at the foot of the cross. I resubmitted that area of my life and I went on to bed. I choose to trust Him in that area...either I did or I didn't....and I chose to believe.

The Lord showed me his extravagant love for me Monday morning. He showed me through the love of my husband, He showed me through the gift of time. He showed me by the gift of just knowing my desires. God has never let me down. NEVER. He is always faithful in His goodness. Even when I don't see it. Even when I pitch my fits...even when I think I am all alone. He knows me and He sees me and He is quick...within moments...showing me His purpose and His provision.

So this morning, I remind all of my sisters of grace. Joy comes in the morning. He can pour out His extravagance in such simple ways that we look right past it. The ways that He has shown us His provision before may look different than they used to. However, that doesn't mean that they don't exsist. The Lord gave me a vision this weekend of He and I dancing. He was very clear in telling me to keep my eyes on His eyes...quit trying to watch my feet and allow Him to lead. I need to learn to let Him move my body in the most graceful dance. It's when I submit to that lead that I can flow in the way He has designed for me. It's when I do that, that others around me can see his strength. I want to see His purpose, I want to see the inner workings and He is just telling me to keep my eyes on His in the most intimate way...to allow Him love me, to submit to His lead...To feel His body next to mine, to feet His breath on my neck. The Lover of my Soul dances with me. It is my choice whether it is a dance of grace or whether I want to flounder in my own desires. Think Elaine on Seinfeld. I purpose to dance with my Father...even if I have to place my feet on His feet until I learn the steps.

Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.

Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.

Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,

praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and flute,

praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD.
~Psalm 150


Lord, this morning you have brought such tender tears to my eyes, You continue to pour out your love for me. You never leave me and you never forsake me. EVER. Lord, you teach me in a very real way. You show me your love in such simple acts. Lord, continue to open my eyes to see them. Lord, allow me to show others your love. It is my hearts desire to share with others your love. Thank you for the opportunities that you have provided for me to do that. I love you Lord and I chose to put on my dancing shoes this morning. In Jesus name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment