11.03.2007

Show Up, Shut Up and Let Go

Today I choose to live a day of integrity.
Today I choose to not get offended and to forgive quickly.
Today I choose to be a loving mother and an encouraging wife.
Today I choose to walk forward in my relationship with Christ.
Today I choose to forgive myself the way that Christ has forgiven me.
Today I choose to walk in the joy of the Lord.
Today I choose to humble myself.
Today I choose to rest in his presence.
Today I choose to share God's love with those I meet.
Today I choose to honor my husband as the man of God he is.
Today I choose to hear the voice of God in ways and places I never thought imaginable.
Today I choose to lean on You.

Galatians 5:13-15 "You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."

Luci Swindoll is an awesome speaker, I got the privilege of listening to her last week at the Women of Faith Conference. She made this statement "Show Up, Shut Up and Let Go". How simple can you get. How real. Everyone wants to make everything so complicated. We think there needs to be more to it but bottom line is "Show Up, Shut Up and Let Go".

I think that is really hard for us as women. We have time issues, we have a hard time scheduling time to talk to our God and our Savior. We run in a million directions and have a great ability to keep ourselves distracted from the cleansing fire brought by staying in the presence for more than a prayer a dinner. God created our days to be 24 hours but there is a way to extend our time. There is a way to take away the anxiety that comes from having an overflowing inbox and a constantly ringing phone. It's simple, are you ready? Spend time in his presence.

This past Monday, my to do list was so big that there was little doubt that I was going to fail on my mission to keep my cape clean. I ran some errands, and it seemed the more errands I ran the more that were added to my list. When we stopped for lunch the scout leader also eating reminded me that we needed a jack-o-lantern for the scout meeting. So I added it to my list. I had to drive 30 minutes out of town to drop off something to someone who wasn't there which meant another trip later in the week. I ran by to have some "friend time". I enjoyed my time and as I left my cell phone rang and it was my husband, not only did I have to do a jack-o-lantern I had to get the patches on the uniform, oh, and what's for dinner. So I leave my friends house to head to the store to get the pumpkin, she calls and I left my essential work binder on her table. So I get the pumpkin, run the 10 minutes back to her house and then finally home. I was stressed, anxious and I couldn't keep my eyes off the clock. I turned on my worship music, I asked for the Lord to stretch my time so that I could enjoy the process and bad-a-bing it was all done. I did have to do some delegation to my scout for some of his jack-o-lantern but not only did I get one scout uniform done I got all 3 done. I helped with the jack-o-lantern, and I cooked dinner. When my husband walked in the door he figured I would be in fetal position in the floor but I wasn't. I had a smile on my face, dinner on the stove and happy kids. Thank you Jesus.

I was watching Dr.Phil sometime this summer. It was the Man Camp thing. I don't remember too much about the show except the little conversation between Dr. Phil and one of the women. She is going on and on about everything she would do to fix her marriage. Dr. Phil looks her right in the eye and says "Everything but shut up".

Exodus 16:6-8 "So Moses and Aaron said to all the Israelites, "In the evening you will know that it was the LORD who brought you out of Egypt, and in the morning you will see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we, that you should grumble against us?" Moses also said, "You will know that it was the LORD when he gives you meat to eat in the evening and all the bread you want in the morning, because he has heard your grumbling against him. Who are we? You are not grumbling against us, but against the LORD."

You are going to yell at the computer here in a minute, but I want you to see this. When we grumble, (don't shut up) to or about our husbands, our children, parents, circumstances, finances...we are grumbling against the Lord. We are saying to Him you didn't do enough for me today. The sacrifice you made, your creations, they didn't measure up to my expectations today.

Let go of it. I joked with one of my friends that the only thing I have control over is my hair. Then my hairdresser called this week and rescheduled my appointment, see God wants me to know that I have control over nothing. Not even my hair. So I would say to you, let it go. Lay it at the foot of the cross, let Jesus cover it in his blood, then walk away. Don't poke it with a stick, don't pick it back up. Just leave it there. I didn't go into the medical field because I have a thing about body fluids. Blood is a body fluid, and Jesus blood isn't worthless it is priceless. I don't want to mess with it. So if I can envision it laying there at his feet covered in the priceless blood of Christ I am more able to leave it.

John 19:33-34 "But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water."

Lord, I thank you that it is covered. Lord, I thank you that my past, present and future are covered by your priceless blood. There is nothing that I can do to earn it, to obtain it, or to keep it accept to lay myself, my pride, my life, my will at your feet. Lord, the awesome news is that when I do that I can again be alive in Christ, just as he was ressurected I will be as well. Out of my circumstances, out of my wilderness. Lord you create all things new and that includes me. Lord, I repent of my attempts to control. Lord, you have the reins in your hands. I will go where you take me. I do not have to make all things good, because that is your job, your position, and your choice. Lord, I will show up. I will find time for you, to hear your voice, to see your will for my life and to find your rest. Lord, there aren't words to tell you of my gratitude and my appreciation of who you are. Your word says obedience is better than sacrifice and today I walk in more obedience than yesterday. I love you Lord and I give you all the blessings, the glory, the honor and the praise. In your Son's priceless name. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Again I say, you got yourself a reader. You go girl!
    Cintia ;)

    ReplyDelete