3.12.2009

Yes, Lord!



Isn't it amazing how men and women struggle with the same things with thier sexuality.  I know that Kirk sings this to the men in the house but how many of us have been the women that he is talking about?  Maybe it's just me.  Maybe no one else can relate, but Kirk sings this song and I cry because I know, I know that I married a man that walked that past.  I have met and encountered many men like that in the past.  I was raised by a man like that and had grandfathers that were like that.  I know that I am not alone in seeking out God's direction, for his purpose, and like Kirk I know it is a part of my destiny.

I want wholeness.  I want to be more Christlike.  We often like forget that Jesus encountered everything.  He hurt for the people he saw.  It ached Him, He had to walk away and find time to get ahold of the Father, not because He was weak and He couldn't do it, but because it hurt so bad that the only option Jesus had was to lay it before His Father.  

Jesus gave hope to the prostitutes, He didn't judge them, He didn't kick them out of his circle.  He looked them in the eye and gave them the gift of hope.  He didn't wait for them to come to Him, with the woman at the well He spoke first.  I have been taught that if  you need something you have to ask, I believe that Jesus's approach was much different.  He sought out the ones with the most pain and shame and offered Himself to them.  He called them out of the trees by name.  He didn't sit on a throne in the middle of the town square and wait for them to come to Him.  He called them by name and said, Yes, yes, I see where you are, I see your sin and I see your shame and I want you to know that I love you.  No matter what.  He walked by the docks and called brothers... He saw their destinies and He called them to Himself.

We live in a society where everyone has so many choices.  We are bombarded with the wrong choices.  We know how to fail, but no one has ever taught us to succeed.  There is a society where fathers aren't fathers and mothers aren't mothers and every generation that goes by becomes more and more dilussioned.  My heart cries for the children.  What we began to experience in school they are dealing with everyday.  What used to be taboo is now common.  Where the fathers started looking at Playboy at 12-13 their daughters are now sending naked pictures of themselves on their cell phones to their classmates.  Then we all want to sit around and blame the kids.  We open too many doors for our kids.  We have let our guard down and the enemy has found an entrance into our families and into our lives.

Jesus, I call out for you to enter my family, my neighborhood, my community, my country.  Lord, this is not regional this is international.  I just pray that you begin to open our eyes.  Father that we don't get so distracted by our government, by our economy that we quit fighting the fight for you.  Father, we want strong families, we want morality, we want the be Christlike and pour out your love.  Thank you for circumstances Father that have led me down this road, so that I could find you.  My Lord, My Savior, My Redeemer.



1 comment:

  1. All I can say to that is amen. Amen and amen, thank you Lord for your provision, that right now you are building our families, strengthening our men, putting a hedge of protection around your children as we seek You more, as we look to You and away from the world. More of you Father, less of us.

    ReplyDelete