3.03.2009

The birds are singing...

Yeah I know that there was a huge snow... on the first day of March.  It should have dampened my spirit but it didn't.  It rejuvenated it!  There is something about the whiteness of snow that reminds me how cleansing God is.  How that is how he sees us... and those who have offended us... hurt us... He sees them as white as snow too.

We are walking out of a fog.  We are exiting crisis mode.  I looked at Alex the other day and told him that we were on the otherside and that we had survived.  It was hard... but I know that God did it for His divine purpose to get us to where we are.  Where we are is a beautiful place.  We didn't quit, we kept the ax to the grindstone and we let God have his way.  Spring is coming... despite the snow.  

There is a trinkle of joy flowing in my heart.  I didn't know if I had lost it forever... it's not flowing, yet.  The cleansing has begun and I am able to fully inhale to my lungs capacity.  My family is stronger, my kids are more mature... they blow my socks off actually.  We have bonded... we have survived and we have grown.  I am almost willing to say it was worth it to get here.  I didn't know that I would ever get to this point to say that.

There are still challenges and hurts... there are still things that I am laying before the throne, but I am able to do it.  That in and of itself is a major accomplishment.  I have cut off a lot... given up a lot... realized that I could do it without crutches.  Friends are essential... and loyal... and brave.  Those songs about you find out who your friends are.... are true.  My heart is full... my smile has returned. 

Thank you Lord... for finally turning on the light and giving me your vision.  For severing what I wasn't strong enough to do on my own.  Lord, I love you... and I do trust you with my future even with no details in place.  I used to say I just needed a forecast... Lord, I don't need anything but you.  You are my rock and my salvation.  Bless you Father.

1 comment: