3.14.2009

Question for you....

I have been doing some thinking and before I reveal what my thoughts are... I was just wanting you to ponder something.  We talk about how men aren't men, father's aren't fathers... what if any role do we as women play in that?  Believe me I am not seeking to lay blame or shame... never my intention... but do we as women keep them from being what God has designed them to be?

The second part of that question... and while you are already pondering such deep things on a rainy Saturday afternoon... what role if any do men play in keeping women from being women and mother's being mother's?

I am going to throw this on Facebook as well.  I am geniuinely curious.

2 comments:

  1. To allow a father to be a father requires faith, trust, and vulnerability on our part. Ditto for our Heavenly Father. We need to allow Him to bless us.

    To allow a man to be a man, we must trust him and allow him the grace and mercy to make mistakes. This requires us to trust, to show faith, and to be vulnerable.

    And all the while "the world" tells us to be strong, to be tough, to "act like a man" in order to be "equal", to view differences as bad, and to be suspicious in all things.

    Will we choose "the world", or will we embrace God's way? God's way can be tough... it requires sacrifice of pride, and vulnerability to be hurt, and the opportunity to experience the joy of redemptive love and atoning healing.

    The "world's" way? "The World" says it is easy. I think it is harder than God's way. The "world's" way insures neglect, rewards harshness, and guarantees pain - there is no mercy or grace in "the world".

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Both to the comment and post! Amen sisters! Amen!

    ReplyDelete