3.07.2009

It was 78 degrees today...

My lover said to me,
“Rise up, my darling!
Come away with me, my fair one!
Look, the winter is past,
and the rains are over and gone.
The flowers are springing up,
the season of singing birds has come,
and the cooing of turtledoves fills the air.
~Song of Solomon 2:10-12

Ok, most of you know that I grew up in Florida.  I remember when temperatures in the 70's meant breaking out winter clothes.  Then I moved to NC and 70's meant summer!!  Boy how times change.  But the changing of the clocks tonight means that Spring is sprung and we are going to be dancing in the daffodils soon!! 

I am reading this wonderful book by Lisa Bevere, "Kissed the Girls and Made them Cry".  It is hitting my square between the eyes.  The fact that I walked into a used bookstore on Thursday and just happened upon it reminds me of God's provision... and his perfect will for our lives.  God and His timing.  I find it impeccible.

"Even now," declares the LORD, 
"return to me with all your heart,
with fasting and weeping and mourning."
Rend your heart
and not your garments.
Return to the LORD your God,
for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,
and he relents from sending calamity.
~Joel 2:12-13

Rend means to tear.  I think of the times in the Bible that people "rent" their clothes and I can imagine them falling to their knees in dispair and yelling up at the heavens and tearing starting at the neck of their tunics.  I hear God saying tear away what has covered you, what you have used to hide your shame and rip it away from your heart with purpose.  That's what He has been walking me through in the last few months.

I would say to you, welcome it with open arms.  When God wants to work on your heart... I will warn you it hurts like hell ripping hurts... but the master surgeon can and will... heal it.  I kept wanting a new one... but this one is mine and I kind of dig it.  It is full of love.

I love God.  With everything he gives me.  

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful in every way!! May He continue to increase His love and purpose within you!

    We'd love for you to check out John & Lisa Bevere's blogs...

    www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com sharing life-transforming truth

    www.PearlAlliance.blogspot.com - fighting human trafficking

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete