2.15.2009

Life is Good...



Sitting with Ande in a beautiful cabin after a wonderful day riding through the Park.  We did the driving tour of Cades Cove... and just piddled our way over.  I enjoy riding and just watching God's water colors ... the river cutting through the rock and following us along the way.  The rocks and the falls... the color of the sky from 9 am this morning when we left til now...We have a grand view of the Park from our deck.
We stopped at the Farm Museum coming into the Park from Cherokee... Just as we pulled into the park we saw the Elks.  I don't know that I have seen anything so beautiful and peaceful.  They are pretty tame and allowed us to walk right up to them.  There was one male with a huge rack!  It was with 7-8 females.  


But mostly we spent the day just being together... with a picnic lunch in the cove on blankets.  Now I want you to know that we planned ahead for our picnic... we bought Subway last night to bring with us!  It's a vacation after all.  Tonight for dinner I am going to grill some chicken and make some wraps.  Just something simple and light after a long day riding in the car.

Adam and Julia are in the hot tub on the deck and my eyes are so heavy I can't keep them open.  I guess I need to get up and start making dinner so that I can climb into the hot tub when it finally comes to temperature.  What a good Sunday night... this is probably the first Sunday night that I have looked forward to Monday that I can remember.  Ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment