2.19.2009

Breakfast Burritos

Frittata

This one is super simple and can probably be done with what you already have in your fridge.  

I sauteed 1 medium onion in 3 tbsp of butter just until tender then I added 2 cups of diced ham, 1 cup of sliced mushrooms and a large handful of fresh spinach that I rough chopped.  

Meanwhile I whipped together 10 eggs and 1/4 cup of half and half.  Pour eggs over meat & veggies and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.  I topped it with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzerella and a 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar.

Next time the kids and Ande want provolone cheese, grilled chicken, spinach and artichokes but that one will take a little more planning on my part.


Enchiladas

So we have been doing low carbs for a while... this was something that I sort of threw together tonight.  You can buy Ola tortillas at our local grocery and they actually had them on sale 2/5.00 but look for the low carb variety.... the flavor ones are great for wraps but I think in this application it would have been over kill.

In a large skillet I browned 2 pounds of hamburger with half of one really good sized sweet onion.  After it was browned I added 1 heaping tsp on cumin seed, 1 tsp sea salt, and a good heavy sprinkling of black pepper.  I then stirred in 1 large can of Rotella and half of a large block of Velvetta cheese.

I filled the tortilla shells with the mixture.  I made 13 out of the mixture but you could have more or less depending on how much you use.  I spooned some enchilada sauce over the top of them in the pan then sprinkled with shredded cheese.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I served them with sauteed onions and a pepper medley. Just tossed them in some olive oil and butter with a little sea salt and pepper.  

All combined you are looking at 9 carbs for the entire meal.  Plus 1 if you add a teaspoon of sour cream... like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment