2.22.2009

Sharing something that helped my heart...

THIS THING IS FROM ME

Have you ever thought if it, that all that concerns you, concerns Me, too? for "he that touches you, touches the apple of His eye. (Zechariah 2:8)
I would have you to learn, when temptations assail you, and the "enemy comes in like a flood," that this thing is from Me; that your weakness needs My might, and your safety lies in letting Me fight for you.
You are very "precious in My sight" (Isaiah 43:4).  Thereforeit is My special delight to educate you.
Are you in money difficulties?  Is it hard to make both ends meet?  This thing is from Me, for I am your purse-bearer, and would have you draw from and depend upon Me.  My supplies are limitless (Philippians 4:19).  I would have you prove My promises.  Let it not be said of you, "you did not believe the Lord your God" (Deuteronomy 1:32).
Are you in difficult circumstances, surrounded by people who do not understand you, who never consult your taste, who put you in the background?  This thing is from Me.  I am the God of circumstances.  You came not to this place by accident; it was the very place God meant for you.  Have you not asked to be made humble?  see, then I have placed you in the very school where this lesson is taught; your surroundings and companions are only working out My will.
Are you passing through a night of sorrow?  This thing is from Me.  I am the "Man of Sorrows, and acquainted with grief."  I have let earthy comforters fail you, that, by turning to Me, you may obtain everlasting consolation (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)
Has someone disappointed you? One to whom you opened out your heart? This thing is from Me. I have allowed this disappointment to come, so that you may learn.
I want to be your Confidant.  Has someone repeated things about you that are untrue? Leave them to Me, and draw closer to Me thy shelter out of reach of "the strife of tongues," for I "shall bring forth My righteousness as the light, and My judgement as the noonday" (Psalm 37:6)
Have your plans been upset? Are you bowed down and weary? This thing is from Me.  You made your plans, then came asking Me to bless them; but I would have you let Me plan for you, and then I take the responsibility; for "this thing is too much for you, you are not able to perform it by yourself" (Exodus 18:18).  You are only an instrument not an agent.
Have you longed to do some great work for Me, and instead been laid aside on a bed of pain and weakness? This thing is from Me.  I could not get your attention in your busy days, and I want to teach you some of My deepest lessons.  "They also serve who only stand and wait".  Some of My greatest workers are those shut out from actice service, that they may learn to wield the weapon of prayer.
Are you suddenly called upon to occupy a difficult and responsible position?  Launch out on Me.  I am trusting you with the possession of difficulties. "For this thing the Lord your God will bless you in all your works and in all to which you put in your hand" (Deuteronomy 15:10).
This day I place in your hands this pot of holy oil; make use of it freely, My child.  Let every circumstance as it arises, every word that pains you, every interruption that would make you impatient, every revelation of your own weakness, be anointed with it.  Remember, interruptions are divine instructions.  The sting will go as you learn to see Me in all things.
Therefore "set your hearts on all the words which I testify among you today...for it is not a futile thing for you, because it is your life, and by this word you shall prolong your days in the land" (Deuteronomy 32:46-47).  
~Laura  A. Barter Snow (Grand Rapids: Faith, Prayer and Tract League)



No comments:

Post a Comment