5.10.2009

Blessed...

Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her.
Proverbs 31:28

I remember being a young woman, not even married, and crying out to God that I just wanted to be a wife and a mother.  Often times, I have tried to chase other avenues to seek acceptance.  I have at times bought into the I am "only" a mom, only a "wife".  I have never really asked God for any other job title and yet I could so easily brush off the gifts that He has given me.

Through all of this transition, and all of the whining I have done... they have done nothing in comparision.  My oldest son Alex is 14, he is an awesome young man.  Nothing like I was at that age.  He is kind, loving, sincere.  He has more character at 14 than most adults I know.  I know he is mine and that my opinion may be a little biased, but he is just that awesome.  Adam, my Boo Boo Bunny is growing up.  He isn't a little boy any more.  At 11 he is pushing the boundaries to see how far he can run over Mom.  He is the first to wrap his arms around me, the first to open my car door and the first to give me a hard time.  Julia, she is just my mini-me.  The dramatic... instantaneous musical ready to break out at any moment beauty.  I am blessed.  BLESSED.  

We spent the day hiking in the Smokies today.  One of my favorite activites.  Krispy Kreme and coffee for breakfast, fajitas for lunch... and a post hike Jamocha shake.  Bliss.  Blessed.  

To all of those mothers out there... I pray you had an awesome day!  

Lord, just a humble prayer of thanks.  For Ande, the husband of my dreams, for the kids... Lord, I love you and I am blessed by them.  Thank you Lord.  Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment