5.08.2009

Trading my sorrow...

There is this little devotional book that my mother in law bought for me that sits on the back of my toilet, I am a homeschool mom to 3 kids sometimes you have to make time for devotions, and sometimes you have to do it by locking the bathroom door.  I have been rereading this one page for a few days.  I wanted to share it with you...

We live in a world gone wrong, one that was created perfect but now suffers the ravages of sin: death, violated relationships, children born with disabilities and deformities. disease, man's inhumanity to man, moral failures, tragedies of major proportions, chaos.  It is, indeed, a broken world.  But it is one thing to shake our heads at the mess the world is in; it is quite another to confront the reality of it in our own lives.  One layer away, it is sad.  But when it hits us, it is ominous...

When we stand in the middle of a lifestorm, it seems as if the storm has become our way of life.  We cannot see a way out.  We are unable to chart a course back to smoother waters.  We feel defeated --and broken.  Will that brokenness produce a cynicism that will keep us forever in the mire of "if only" thinking? Or will we yield up that brokenness to the resources of the One who calms the winds and the waves, heals the brokenhearted, and forgives the move grievous of sins?  The choice is ours.  - Verdell Davis, Joy for the Journey Vol. 1 pg. 107

There are so many times in the last few months that I have felt just that.  But today, even with the rain, even with the circumstances as they are... today I choose to offer my brokenness to the One that can actually do something about it.    

And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorry and sighing shall flee away.  Isaiah 35:15

Praise God!

Lord, I have struggled with the burden for as long as I can.  I know that you are calling me out from the striving.  You are calling me out to rest in you.  Lord, I answer the call of Matthew 11:28-29.  I am bending to your will and giving up my own.  It is you that I am here to please.  It is my offering back to you.  Just me... loving you and living my life outloud for the world to see.  Yes, sir.  I love you, thank  you for loving me enough to pull me out of where I am so comfortable.  You are awesome, and I am honored to be Yours.  




1 comment:

  1. I love this one. I also love how you add the songs. Nice touch. Let go and let God. Sometimes one of the scariest thing we've ever done...but the BEST thing all rolled into one :)

    ReplyDelete