5.07.2009

The light is on .... Ding Ding Ding...

and to think that I am not a natural blonde.  Although I play one in real life.  Often.  Very often.

Ande and I's 15 year wedding anniversary is next month. Amazing isn't it?  We have definitley walked the plank a few times in all of these years but here we are stronger, more in love, and looking forward to our new adventure.  Do we always get it right, no we probably usually get it wrong, but we learn and we move forward and I believe in my heart that is what marriage is about.  My parents were married 14 years, then they divorced, that was my major epiphany today.  That's why I feel such a huge push to celebrate 15 years.  Not to put my parents down, or to any way reflect negatively on them, but it's just a milestone and somewhere in me it was bigger than I imagined.  My inlaws have been married for 52 years... we have a ways to go to catch up with them, but I look forward to trying.  Honestly, I would love to see our pictures in the paper celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary with all of our children and great grandchildren surrounding us.  That would be the best icing on the cake of life that I could imagine.

We were coming home from the city tonight (spontaneous trip to Barnes & Noble while we still only live 30 minutes away) and we were in this conversation about the future and what it holds for us.  It's conversations like that, they warm my heart and give me a hope for the future.  I may be up to my knees in muck but I am sure that Ande will be standing somewhere close by laughing.  It's what he does... it's what his family does.  They put me in these insanely "country life" positions and then they stand by and enjoy the entertainment that JenniLee brings.  Like the time that my father in law had me on the county jail house roof, catching rolls of tar paper that he hoisted up 3 stories to me.  He wanted to see "what I was made of".  Sugar and spice and every thing nice until you cross me.  That's what JenniLee is made of.  This one time, I had my nephew Karl in the car and this thing... flew right in front of my windshield as I was driving down the road.  I looked at him and said, "What was that?".  He replied, "A wild turkey".  "Wild Turkey is what you buy at the liquor store it isn't something that flies at your car".  They still get a kick out of that story. Or the time that Ande's friend went boar hunting, and I thought they were just trying to trick the city girl.  Lord, I have learned a lot.  They do it all out of love, and I know, that even as they smile that those people love me and that I love them.  Otherwise, well... I am a good Christian women and we don't talk about "otherwise" in public.

I am beginning to get my mojo about the move.  There is so much work to be done.  But I know that once the move is made, and the final box is delivered to the new house... I will be able to breathe and know... it's all over but the milking, and the planting, and the hoeing, and the harvesting, and the canning, and the freezing, and the plucking, and the.....

Green Acres is the place for me... 

Lord, I thank you for great friends.  I thank you for people that can speak to these dry bones and remind me of who I am, and that I am not a failure.  Lord, my only hearts desire is to know you, to love you and to share you with those whom you would allow.  Lord, I thank you for my three beautiful souls that you have put in my care.  My life would be so incomplete without their hearts, and their hugs and kisses.  Lord, thank you for Ande... for the good times that we enjoy each other and for the bad times, that teach us what love really looks like.  But Lord, thank you moreso, for You.  Thank you for choosing me from before the foundation of the earth.  You my Father, my Savior, my King, are my all in all.  Thank you for dancing over me and for loving this city girl done country.  I love you... I honor you and I continue to give you my life for sanctification.  

1 comment: