5.11.2009

Cranalanalectomy

Photobucket

I think we have all ventured through life in the position at some point in our lives. I have assumed the position for months... MONTHS.... So negative, so ugly, so on the edge, stressed out... You lost that loved feelin' now it's gone gone gone... OhOOHHHoh.

So I have decided to pull out my ginormous head sucker outter thingy... and to just give it up. Really, like I quit smoking, and caffiene. Quit talking about it, quit whining about it. I am talking Nike style... JUST DO IT. Not in an offensive, everyone back up kind of way. But in a I have a smile to offer kind of way. Smile... how hard is it to smile. Really? Or to use a pleasant tone with the the lady at Walmart who was so nice and helpful when she was checking me out. She actually thanked me for being nice to her. This poor woman deals with how many people in a day and she thanks me... me, for being nice to her. I can do nice. I can offer a smile, and even the scarier option, eye contact. I know I said it. You heard it here... eye contact.

Ande and I were out yonder yesterday meandering through some coves and here is what Ande explained to me. You throw up your hand at men, they throw up their hand back. Simple. You throw up your hand at a woman and she doesn't do anything. His take on it is that women are just snobs. I think it has something to do with waving at another woman's husband that might get the woman in trouble. I think really, the simple solution is that we often times, really "assume the position".

If my head is so far up my patootie, if I am so wrapped up in myself, that I can't show a simple act of kindless, I am not even talking about sharing the Good News, or talking about the weather, we aren't talking conversation, we are talking smile and eye contact, then I have a problem. A big fat, smelly problem. Because we have a purpose, and a love, we have Christ, why do others want to come to church with us, when all they see is that we have assumed the position. Do this, say that, never smile, never look up, look busy maybe they won't talk to you.... Wimps. So self indulged... oh Lord, I hope I am only talking to myself here.



Lord, forgive me. For myselfishness. For not sharing your joy, your love and for only adding my own black cloud to the mix. Lord, let me remember how much you love me, and Lord, allow me to pour that out on others around me. Let them feel your love Lord. Let me love them like you love me.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your picture above...I can relate...thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't visited your blog in a while but today I did! It looks great. Love you, Cintia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, well, we ALL have to grab our ginormous head sucker outter thingy from time to time..or have sisters who love us enough to do it for us. (I'm so thankful that you will do that for me. ) ;) Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sense of humor and your Godly wisdom all rolled up into one. Thank you for sharing. I'll be back :)

    Did you notice the smile? I hope you notice the smile =) see I'm trying not to be a wimp.

    ReplyDelete