1.01.2009

2009...


Here it is.  Our future.  There is so much to do and yet today we just couldn't get into the groove.

Well maybe everyone else could have but for some reason today I just wasn't feeling it.  We spent the night last night with my wonderful inlaws.  We went with them to their church and heard a good gospel singing.  Went back to the house and watched Ryan Seacrest and then went to bed.  Nothing exciting, nothing over the top just a quiet evening sitting in a beautiful church hearing some music that is all new to the kids and I.  It was beautiful but different.  Being the Christian Rockers that we are... gospel just isn't something that we have a lot of experience with.  But I see that changing.  

We got up this morning and were supposed to head to the farm for some more work.  We got there and I just didn't want to face it.  Not today.  Not the first day of 2009.  The work just seems so overwhelming and sometimes I can face it and sometimes I just want to ride around in Ande's truck and look at the countryside. So with some sweet talk that's what we did.  We unhooked the haul trailer and headed out to Fontana Dam.  We didn't take any pictures but I have this one from when Ande and I did our backpacking trip in October.


What a beautiful place.  So we took the kids and the dogs and went riding around out at the Dam.  We had packed a lunch to eat at the farm, which consisted of 2 2liters of soda - Mountain Dew and Diet 7Up & cold hamburgers.  The plan was we were going to heat them up when we got there.  Well, we didn't end up at the farm.  Have you ever had one of those epiphany moments?  I had one today.  We are sitting in the cab of the truck eating cold hamburgers on regular bread with non melted cheese with ketchup & mustard.  An Escalade pulls up along side of us in the parking lot...just about the time that I lifted the 2 liter bottle of Mountain Dew to my mouth.  See the cups were at the farm too.  Nothing like a bunch of locals, in their work clothes, eating out of aluminum foil and drinking out of 2 liters.  They had Florida tags.  The Dad spent most of the time that we saw them on the phone (probably working even while on vacation to pay for the Escalade)... that used to be our dream life.  Look how far we have come.  I just started chack-a-ling. 


The epitomy of redneck.  Oh well who are we trying to impress.  Everyone I have ever tried to impress has usually been the first one that God humilitated me in front of.  I am to the point that I just don't care what people think.  Really.  Obviously because what you may have not noticed in the picture of the kids is this...


Only people with no pride drive around with a dog box on the back of the truck for a family day out.  Because you know that I can't leave them at home.    I love to see the looks on peoples faces when they drive by and see Valley and Zoe in the back.  Especially those people that I used to be that worried about stuff like that.  Look we are a family of 7... 2 of them don't fit in the cab... we all know what Zoe is capable of if left alone.  So we take them where ever we go to save our bathroom.  

So even as we were all out Hillbilly Deluxe today this was our view.


I can't look at those mountains...the Smoky Mountain National Park and not know that there is a Creator that has the whole world in His hands.  Even as my life seems to spin out of control to Him it is all under control.  

Phillipians 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 

Phillipians 1:20, "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death."

Lord, thank you.  For the grandeur of your creation.  For subtle reminders that you are all around us.  Thank you for your peace that passes all understanding.  You alone can provide that at this moment.  I love you Creator, Redeemer & Breath of the Almighty.  Only by Jesus can I approach your throne so it is in His name that I pray and praise all of you.



1 comment:

  1. Are you sure those are your kids?? I don't remember them being that big!! You shoulda come on over the line and come to see us....you really aren't that far, you know!! Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete