1.02.2009

So many distractions, so little time...

So there was this grand plan today to organize and start the process of cleaning out Julia's room. Seeing as how we didn't go to the farm yesterday I figured I needed to at least get a head start on clean up here and getting ready to move.  Ande was going to get boxes... we had a plan.  An agenda.  I already had dinner plans.


So why when her room looks like this did she spend most of the day...



Because it's the holidays!  Her cousin Cyle called this morning and said that he & his fiance were in town.  Always on the lookout for an excuse to get out of work we invited them over.  You heard of saved by the bell...Julia and her stuffed animals were saved by the phone.

So instead of being chained to the mess of the year (2 days into it and she already holds the reining title) we spent the day playing Wii.  Isn't it nice for family to visit?  

This is Cyle, one of my five nephews.  He is getting married this summer to a really great law student...

I love her.  They have been dating for years and have been engaged forever waiting for her to be through with school.  Well they decided that 2009 is the year.  So this summer they will get married and next summer she will sit for her bar after graduation.


Alex with his Uncle Kerry!  Uncle Kerry was at the hospital when Alex was born.  He used to call him Tater Head.  It was great to spend the day with him and his wife...


Drinking coffee, eating pizza... laughing and just having a great day with family.  Grandma and Grandpa even showed up for a while.  This is what family is all about.  It was a great day and I feel abundantly blessed to be related to these people.  We share the same last name... all of us women have decided to marry into this family... and I can honestly say, without a stitch of sarcasm that I hands down have the best mother in law in the universe.  My father is law is growing on me after 15 years :), but my mother in law rocks the kasbah.  

Lord, thank you for today.  For redemption of relationships.  For unconditional love and sister in laws who bring sweets.  Thank you for new family members and anticipation of weddings.  Thank you for a full Aunt's heart.  Keep them safe Lord.  Bless them.  Bless them, bless them, bless them.  In Jesus name I pray.  Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment