1.07.2009

Wednesday...my favorite day of the week.

Sorry I have been rather quiet this week.  That is what happens when you have a house full of sick kids & get on your "it's the first of the year - let's right all of the wrongs in the world" kick.  So one of the things that I am trying to do is to step away from my laptop a little more often.  Nothing crazy...believe me I wouldn't survive but more often than I have been for the last few months.  So here is what I have accomplished today...

I have made banana bread with 3 over ripe bananas that I found buried under the stack of chip bags in the basket by my fridge.  Nice save for the bananas who were on their way into the trash when I remembered the new me.  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle...  ok I reduced the amount of trash by using those bananas to make a super simple recipe banana recipe.  It's good...especially warm with butter.


I made my sourdough starter today.  It's easy I got the recipe for the starter and the bread from a book written by the lady that cooked for Johnny & June.  I figured if it was good enough for them it was good enough for me.  I will post the recipe in a seperate post.

I have found my counters and my dining room table.  All of those items that just seemed to be hovering at waist level were really resting on my table and my kitchen island.    All of the candies and cookies that everyone brought for the holidays were condensed and organized for optimum snacking performance. The counters were cleaned, the old mail was put into the burn bin.  

For those of you that know me intimately, you know that I am a "delegator" not a "doer".  I did... my kids and Ande as my witnesses...I did dishes today.  By hand.  I have the chips in my fingernail polish to prove it.  I did it, now I remember what dish pan hands are.  But all of those things that just sort of sat around waiting for someone to wash... Like the vase with the flowers from the Nutcracker... and the tea kettle were all washed today by my own hands.  I let the kids have the day off.  Well, they were doing school so not really off but it was a chore free day.  Told you I was feeling like righting all of the wrongs in the world.

I did some laundry and emptied a bunch of baskets of clean clothes that multiplied like rabbits. I didn't realize how many of these baskets I had floating around until my family stacked (yes, I said STACKED) them all on my side of the bed.  For the past 2 nights I have literally had to be a contortionist to get into my bed.  Not tonight by golly.  I will be able to walk right up and kick my shoes off and begin a new pile.  

The other thing I did... I had my barn painted.  Yeah, not the one on the farm.  I remember the first time I heard someone refer to coloring their hair as painting the barn I thought I would laugh till I wet my pants.  Now it is my official line.  So my barn is now brown with no gray weathering showing.  I also had the caterpillar growing above my eyes pruned.  My eyebrows had taken on a life of their own.  So I now am colored and waxed and ready for the new year. 

I feel accomplished.  I had a productive day... the first one really since the rats.  I take a little longer than most to recover from stress.  *haha* So I have officially kicked lazybuttitis out and have moved in, "I do not have to be an overachiever but I should at least be able to tell you the color of my counter tops".  

Just a little update on Zoe and her potty habits... she has successfully pooed outside countless times this week.  We are so proud of her.  She still is known to have an accident but for the most part she is being the angel we know and love.  What we do know is that lotsa garlic is not good for her.  It will induce accidents.  In the middle of the night.  With the smell of garlic poo more than I can bear at 2am.  But that's another post.

Ecclesiates 9:10, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."

Thank you Jesus...for another day to serve the ones I love. In your name I pray.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment